GCVA Club Tryouts
2022/2023 GCVA INDOOR CLUB TRYOUTS
Your Volleyball Club on the Other Coast
The GCVA was established in 1992. We are a competitive, reasonably priced volleyball club
right in the heart of CLC which have some of the highest ranked teams in the region in several age groups.
We still have the following open spots. - To schedule a tryout please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 12u -FULL
- 13u - FULL
- 141 - FULL
- 142 -FULL
- 143 - FULL
- 151 1 Spot Open HM, OH, OPP
- 152 - 1 Open Spot ANY
- 161 -1 Open Spot. MH/OH
- 171/181 (combined team) 2 spots OH/OPP/MH, Setter or DS/LIB
- Little Spikers 9 teams - Tuesday FULL, Thursday still has spots open
ALL TRYOUTS ARE AT CLCCA Sports And Recreation Center
(Corner of Ramada and Diana in the heart of CLC)
CLUB TEAM TRYOUTS *UPDATED 6/17*
You can tryout on either Tuesday or Thursday at 5:05 or 705 (Before or after Little SPikers practice) you just have to e-mail to let us know.
You still must register/pay for Tryouts online. We cannot look at anyone who has not registered/paid for tryouts.
Please e-mail us at email@example.com first, so we can make sure the appropriate coach is available.
Practice Gym's for 2022-2023
We will be using CLCCA REC CENTER plus CLEAR SPRINGS HIGH SCHOOL practice gym this season. Locations can change or we can add gyms depending in CCISD request.
CLCCA REC Center - 16511 Diana Ln, Houston, TX 77062 Main gym
Clear Springs H.S. Practice Gym 501 Palomino St, League City, TX 77573 Tuesday and Thursdays
Click here for Projected COACH/PRACTICE LOCATION/Day's & Times (subject to change)
Projected Teams for 2022-2023
The number of teams depends on tryouts and gym time - We normally try to fill 12 club teams and 8 little spiker teams (2 little spiker sessions) -
- Travel Teams: Teams that participate In State, and in State and or Out of State National Championship.
- Regional Teams: Teams that participate in Houston with a few In State tournaments.
- Local Teams: Teams that participate in Houston based tournaments only.
Tryout/Club Fees - Register Online
- We will not take any walk up registrations
- This fee is separate from the overall payment for the club. This fee is NON-REFUNDABLE.
- PAID UPON ACCEPTANCE
- DEPOSITS * if the season gets canceled before practices start Nov 9 due to COV-19 or actually any other reason, then Deposits/all fees will be refundable (If we have to cancel the season, not if you decide to quit) So if you decide not to play once you accept a spot and the season is not canceled then you loose your deposit.
- CLICK HERE TO SEE CLUB FEES / DEPOSIT - Club Fees are the same as last year.
- We will collect the required deposit (See Fee Schedule) when you accept a position on a team. You do not have a spot unless you pay the deposit.
- At the end of Tryouts we will accept deposits by check or you can pay online.
- By accepting your spot on one of our teams, you are taking away that position for someone else. Please be aware that once you accept and pay the deposit you are required to pay all fees.
- Region Registration FEE is not included in Deposit.
What to Bring
- Dress athletically for normal volleyball play.
- No Outside Food or Drinks - personal water bottles acceptable.
- Deposit (only collected if position is offered after tryouts. NON REFUNDABLE ONCE ACCEPTED)
- If you have hand sanatizer please bring you a personal bottle, there will be hand stations at the gym
- Player/Parent agreement and waver due once you accept position.
- There will be no walk up registrations, you must register online.
USA VOLLEYBALL JUNIOR PLAYER AGE DEFINITION
For use during the 2022-2023 Season
Once a player participates (including but not limited to practicing, training, attending workouts and/or competing) in a club or varsity program for any university, college, community college, or junior college, he/she is ineligible to take part in any regional and national programming, which includes but is not limited to national JNC qualifying and championship events.
18 and Under: Players who were born on or after July 1st, 2004 or are high school students in the twelfth (12th) grade or below during the current academic year and are 19 years of age or younger (born on or after July 1, 2003).
17 and Under: born on or after Jul 1, 2005*
16 and Under: born on or after Jul 1, 2006
15 and Under: born on or after Jul 1, 2007
14 and Under : born on or after Jul 1, 2008
13 and Under: born on or after Jul 1, 2009
12 and Under: born on or after Jul 1, 2010
11 and Under: born on or after Jul 1, 2011
* Girls 17 and Under Division Waiver: Players who were born on or after July 1, 2004 (18 years or younger) who shall neither have completed nor are in a grade higher than the eleventh grade (11th) during the current academic year will be allowed to participate at the USA Junior National Championships on 17 and under teams. This age waiver is still subject to frozen roster rules. (This age waiver is based on recruiting concerns for girls in the 11th grade who would otherwise be required to participate in girls 18’s qualifiers and the Girls 18’s GJNC.)